Sunday, September 4, 2011

Being a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

I love this church.  Dane and I just moved to a new area.  We don't know anyone out here but we knew we would make friends fast.  Why?  Because we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints.    It is a great feeling to know that no matter where we move in the WORLD we don't have to find a new church.  We know exactly what church to go to, and we get to automatically be surrounded by other people of our exact faith.  We soon will be assigned callings so that we can serve and be involved in our Ward (because there are so many members of the Church, every area's members are split up into Wards, so that no one gets lost in the shuffle).  We will also be assigned Home teachers to come visit us every month and share a spiritual message, check on our family and help us with anything we may be in need of. 

I get to be apart of an amazing organization of Women called the Relief Society.  This organization meets every Sunday together for an hour and a few different times throughout the month for different activities.  I love being in Relief society because it means I have friends wherever I go.  I will soon be assigned 2 visiting teachers that will come visit me every month to share a spiritual message with me, talk with me, be my friend and lend a listening ear or a helping hand. 

A woman in church today bore her testimony and she shared that the Church is true no matter where you are.  Her and her husband are from Zambia and they have been living in the U.S. for 7 years.  In that time they have had 2 children and have been so far from family and loved ones, but because of the church she said, they always have a home.  They get to meet with people that share their same beliefs and join a Ward family.  She said she thought she would be so lonely without all of her family, but that has not been the case and she is so grateful for the Gospel in her life. 

I was touched by her testimony and although I have never had to move across continents I too am appreciative that I always have a home within the Church, no matter where I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment